IN THE INTERNATIONAL DHS FAMILY Family News
Français | English | Español
Feast of the Immaculate Conception: our prayer
On the evening of December 8th, our Mother-House’s chapel -in Saint Brieuc, France-, was filled with people for the first vespers of the Immaculate Conception. We all came to give thanks to God for Mary and for the humble women that were Marie Balavenne and Renée Burel, to renew our commitment to follow them on the path they have shown us.
Were there, of course, every Sister residing in our home as well as Sister Anne-Marie Foucher, our Superior General, and her Councilors, Sister Anne-Marie Le Pabic, our Provincial and her Councilors and a large number of Sisters from the surrounding communities. Our Spiritual Family was well represented: Consecrated Laywomen and Associates came out in force.
On this December 8th, Day of the Immaculate Conception, celebration of our beginnings, with Mary "our advocate before the Holy Spirit", let us pray for our World, our Church, our Spiritual Family and for ourselves.
- Blessed art thou, O Lord, for Mary, our Sister in humanity. Although full of grace, she faced times of trial and darkness, till the day of the cross. We pray that, with her example, we walk in faith, even through rough waters and no matter the path taken. May we learn from Mary to become disciples of her Son.
Welcome in the palm of your hands the prayer of your children.
- Blessed are thou, O Lord, for every man and woman of goodwill who build bridges throughout the world: between countries, ethnic groups, religious groups, within neighbourhoods. We pray that more and more witnesses of peace will rise, fighting against violence in all its forms, especially violence against women and children.
- Blessed are thou, O Lord, for all those, who in the church and out of it, rise to defend our 'common house'. We pray that more of us may know how to give thanks for the creation and to commit ourselves to happy sobriety. May our solidarity in the face of current challenges transform what appears to be a threat into a promise.
- Blessed are thou, O Lord, for Marie Balavenne and Renée Burel, who, by giving themselves to the Holy Spirit, received the grace to dedicate their lives to the poor, the sick and the children. We pray that in these few months that separate us from our General Chapter, walking in the footsteps of our foundresses, we move forward with confidence seeking to understand what the Holy Spirit is telling us today.
- «God continues today to seek hearts like Mary's, willing to trust him completely.» Blessed art thou, O Lord, for the Spiritual Family of the Daughters of the Holy Spirit whom you have created in your church and which continues to grow. We pray that all those in the training course: Sisters, Consecrated Laywomen, Associates, find in the path lying before them, a path of joy and in which they will progress in faith.
Welcome in the palm of your hands the prayer of your children
Then Sisters, Consecrated Laywomen, Associates we all renew our vows and promises.
Sister Agnès Stéphan, responsible for the community of the Mother House. Published on December 9th, 2019