JUSTICE and SOLIDARITY DHS Solidarity Projects
Français | English | Español
Jeannette Horbaïta Center - Maroua.
The Jeannette Horbaïta Center welcomes young orphaned and indigent young women for a formation of reading and writing, sewing, embroidery, cooking, agriculture, social and familial economics, secretarial work. 85 young women are enrolled for the 2016/2017 year. Their formation takes place over a three-year period.
Due to a lack of finances, the Center faces difficulties which impede the full attainment of the goals projected in favor of these students.
- Ø Project:
- Acquiring tools for agriculture (wheelbarrows, sprayers), kitchen equipment (gas cooker and refrigerator), or sewing equipment (sewing machines, embroidery and oversewing machines), computer equipment (computers, voltage regulators and printers).
- Ø Objective:
Making the young women who frequent the Center capable of taking themselves in hand and assuring their future.
- Ø Cost of the project: 7 250 euros
The cost of necessary equipment is evalued at:
– Agriculture equipment 350 €
– Kitchen equipment 1 150 €
– Sewing equipment 2 950 €
– Computer equipment 2 800 €