JUSTICE and SOLIDARITY DHS Solidarity Projects
Français | English | Español
Centre for the Promotion of the Young Women. Touloum
The Centre for the Promotion of Young Women is a work supported for several years by the Sisters and Priests of the parish of Touloum.
It welcomes young girls and women who are dropouts or are unschooled (more than 100 for the 2018/2019 school year), with a formation provided over a three year period, to permit them to acquire a real know how-to-do and how-to-be, through general and technical courses (sewing, embroidery, cooking, animal husbandry…).
• Better the conditions of welcome for the young girls coming from distant villages.
• Replace the dilapidated equipment and furnish the Centre with additional equipment (in priority: beds, mattresses, sewing machines).
- Needs expressed:
• Purchase 40 beds and 40 mattresses: 3,375 €
• Replace 40 mattresses: 1,600 €
• Purchase 20 sewing machines: 2,285 €
- Cost of the Project: 7,260 €